Contract updates and player singings.
In Mariners news…
- Devin Sweet was locked in at the Arizona Fall League’s annual Fall Stars Game last weekend.
These changeups from @MsPlayerDev RHP Devin Sweet
— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) November 14, 2021
Around the league…
- Eduardo Rodriguez has reportedly rejected his qualifying offer from the Red Sox but is in talks with multiple other clubs.
Eduardo Rodriguez rejected the $18.4M qualifying offer from the Red Sox back at the GM meetings, and things are heating up for the lefthander E-Rod in multiyear talks with teams.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 15, 2021
- RHP Louis Head has been acquired by the Miami Marlins from the Tampa Bay Rays for either a player to be named later or cash considerations.
- Sam Dykstra at MLB.com evaluates the toughest top prospect 40-man decisions for each club ahead of the Rule 5 Draft this December.
- After being DFA’d a week ago by the Pittsburgh Pirates, RHP Jose Soriano has cleared waivers and been returned to the Angels, where he is currently not on their 40-man roster.
- Robinson Cano is now back with the New York Mets with two years remaining on his contract after serving his 162-game suspension for testing positive for PEDs, and Tim Healy of Newsday wonders how he will fit in with the team moving forward.