A light links day to begin your week!
In Mariners news…
- Mitch Haniger details his impressive comeback season and how impactful it was to be back in the clubhouse and on the field with his teammates.
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) November 21, 2021
- Mariners great Mike Cameron has graciously transferred #44 to Julio Rodriguez as his big league number.
I transfer the universal power number 44 to the young phenom @JRODshow44 .. can’t wait to see do his thing!!✊
— MIKE CAMERON (@_mcameron44) November 21, 2021
Around the league…
- The Mariners are reportedly one of seven teams interested in outfielder Seiya Suzuki, who has been posted this morning. The signing deadline for Suzuki is 5 pm ET on Monday, December 22nd.
With Seiya Suzuki being posted, Japanese reporter Nachi Tomonari has reported that 7 teams are interested:
The report also states that the Braves and the Rangers are the most serious suitors. pic.twitter.com/lY0ZR1ygJd
— Kyle Newman (@NewmanNYsports) November 18, 2021
- Former Baltimore Orioles catcher Pedro Severino has agreed to a one-year/$1.9 million deal with the Milwaukee Brewers that includes up to $400,000 in incentives.
Catcher Pedro Severino and the Milwaukee Brewers are in agreement on a one-year, $1.9 million contract, pending physical, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Severino, 28, will join Omar Narvaez at catcher and has incentives in the deal that can earn him another $400,000.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 21, 2021
- Veteran LHP Jose Quintana has signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates on a one-year/$2 million deal that will become official once Quintana passes a physical.
- The content you didn’t know you needed.
Tortoise opening the new science lab at the University of Lincoln.. pic.twitter.com/IeM9seX1Db
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_) November 18, 2021