Injuries continue to tear through MLB teams as Opening Day nears.
Hello everyone and happy Friday! To the links!
In Mariners news…
- One of the M’s top prospects is looking good!
More from Emerson Hancock’s live BP. He sat 95-96 mph and touched 97 mph. pic.twitter.com/LIfP6pSVmo
— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 25, 2021
Around the league…
- Oh boy…
The Orioles announced they have selected Matt Harvey’s contract. He will be on the team.
— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) March 25, 2021
- Pretty neat for these three.
The Braves’ Max Fried joins the Cardinals’ Jack Flaherty and White Sox’s Lucas Giolito as Opening Day starters from the same high school – Harvard-Westlake in Los Angeles. All three also share the same agent, CAA’s Ryan Hamill.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 25, 2021
- Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic agrees that Major League Baseball should have implemented the universal DH this offseason. ($)
- Blue Jays closer Kirby Yates underwent Tommy John surgery.
- The Rays’ closer, Nick Anderson, has also been shut down with elbow inflammation.
- Things are even more tragic for the White Sox, who are losing Eloy Jiménez for 5-6 months with a “ruptured pectoral tendon.”
- Some roster news from our division rivals.
Roster announcements: Leody Taveras and Eli White have both been informed that they will be on the Opening Day roster. Delino DeShields will not make the team
— Levi Weaver (@ThreeTwoEephus) March 25, 2021