Uh oh, the Padres are fun already.
Good morning everybody! Mariners baseball is back on this Saturday. Let’s get to the latest.
In Mariners news…
- Ben Badler at Baseball America reviews the Mariners’ most recent international signing class. ($)
Around the league…
- The San Diego Padres had their first no-hitter in franchise history yesterday when Joe Musgrove shut down the Texas Rangers. Here’s how close he was to a perfect game.
The only thing keeping us from perfection tonight was Joey Gallo’s thicc thunder thighs. pic.twitter.com/eKqO9GzwZm
— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) April 10, 2021
- If you read Bryce Harper’s lips here, you can see he’s actually instructing this Braves fan on how to properly pronounce his favorite player’s name (volume warning, it is a little loud).
— Sharp Shooter (@LeGates23) April 10, 2021
- This seems…a little shady.
Adam Wainwright says that the last year or two, when Nolan Arenado “was trying to get traded over here,” Arenado would send Wainwright videos of him hitting and tell him to show it to Mozeliak. So, uh, #stlcards been in the Nado business for a little bit.
— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) April 8, 2021
- Justin Choi at Fangraphs breaks down the early results with the new baseball.
- Jordan Shusterman tells the story of Akil Baddoo, the Rule 5 pick who has been a sensation in Detroit in the first week of the season.
- Brendan Gawlowski at Fangraphs checks in on a few “post-hype” pitchers including Justin Dunn.
- Well that’s cool.
The Dodgers awarded a championship ring to David Price, who did not play last season. Price plans to auction the ring to benefit the Players Alliance.
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) April 9, 2021
- Alexander Chase at Pitcher List cautions against the pitfalls of using HardHit% to evaluate MLB players.
- Come for the dad’s hilarious reaction to his son missing the ball, stay for a lovely exchange between the kid and a Braves fan.