It’s a big day for injury news and updates.
Hello folks! The week continues on to Tuesday. Here’s what we’ve got for you this morning.
In Mariners news…
- A pair of Mariners pitching prospects made appearances in Alex Chamberlain’s Peripheral Prospects at Rotographs.
Nelson Cruz and the Twins visiting T-Mobile Park this Thursday-Sunday. But Cruz having an MRI on sore left wrist today in Minnesota. M’s fans might remember he had issue with same wrist late in 2016 … and then hit 2 of his longest bombs, ironically in Minnesota vs the Twins.
— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) May 13, 2019
- Here’s a fun little fact.
The Mariners have recalled RHP Austin Adams from Triple-A Tacoma. Dan Altavilla, added to the roster yesterday, is headed to Double-A Arkansas.
When Adams appears in a game, he will be the 19th different reliever the Mariners have used this season (two were position players).
— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) May 13, 2019
- A couple of guys are on their way back.
LHP Wade LeBlanc will make his first rehab start with AAA Tacoma tonight in Las Vegas and 3B Kyle Seager will report to Tacoma to begin his rehab stint. Here is a look at what happened yesterday in the minors in today’s #Mariners Minor League Report:https://t.co/tfbJF3eRGD
— Kelly Munro (@kmunro1) May 13, 2019
Around the league…
- You’ve got to wonder how long this can last.
Red Sox halt Dustin Pedroia’s rehab assignment due to minor left knee soreness.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) May 13, 2019
- Talk about a lack of parity…
there’s no team in the AL with a playoff probability between 10% and 60%
— Ethan Spalding (@SpaldingBalls) May 13, 2019
- James Paxton is making some slow progress in his injury recovery.
James Paxton has been throwing regularly, by the way. Wearing a knee brace and says he is not experiencing any soreness in his knee. Has been playing long toss, but not a bullpen yet.
— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) May 13, 2019
- The Marlins are really bad, guys.
The Marlins are scoring 2.69 runs per game. That puts them on pace for 434 — 75 fewer runs than the 2010 Mariners… And this is during the juiced ball era.
The Marlins have one — one! — player with an OPS above league average.
Their best player is 4 for May
— Brendan Gawlowski (@GawlowskiB) May 13, 2019
- Sam Miller at ESPN outlines the wildest minor league stats of all time.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu has reached a new level in his game, writes Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs attempted to dissect Yu Darvish’s strange season so far.
- Miguel Andújar, who had briefly returned from injury, is now back on the injured list for the Yankees.
- White Sox starter Carlos Rodón will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN tries to figure out where the best pitchers in baseball most often come from.
- In extremely disappointing early morning news, 22-year-old Dodgers LHP Julio Urias was reportedly arrested for domestic battery after an altercation in a parking lot Monday night.
- The college basketball world was shook up yesterday from this major news.