In which the Mets are once again doing very Metsy things.
Good morning everybody! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. It’s time for the week to begin anew, so let’s check out today’s selection of links.
In Mariners news…
- This guy’s got some good deception.
Tom Murphy, 88mph Fastball and 82mph Breaking Ball, Overlay.
Leader in the clubhouse for PitchingNinja position player pitcher of the year. pic.twitter.com/VG7Ty7d2KC
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 19, 2019
Around the league…
- Meanwhile in Miami…
That’s it. The Mets lose 3-0 and get swept by the Marlins. It’s the first time all year that Miami has won three in a row and the first time since 2017 that they’ve swept a series.
— Steve Gelbs (@SteveGelbs) May 19, 2019
- The loss puts a lot of pressure on Mets manager Mickey Callaway, who might be on the way out soon.
- Today in “I didn’t know he was still playing…”
Koji Uehara, a star starter who never wanted to be a reliever, but found success in that role, will announce his retirement today, according to @hochi_baseball.
— Jim Allen (@JballAllen) May 19, 2019
- Steve Cishek wanted nothing to do with this plate appearance.
- Indians starter Shane Bieber had the best start of his career, tossing a complete game shutout while striking out 15 batters.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs tries to figure out what’s causing Josh Bell’s breakout.
- Allison Glock at ESPN did a feature on U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team star Julie Ertz.