In Mariners News…
- The 2021 minor league baseball season is finally here! Check out the six-man rotation for the Everett AquaSox’s opening series:
We have probables! Here’s the @EverettAquaSox six-man rotation for the opening series in Hillsboro:
5/4: Matt Brash – RHP
5/5: Levi Stoudt – RHP
5/6: Emerson Hancock – RHP
5/7: George Kirby – RHP
5/8: Brandon Williamson – LHP
5/9: Juan Then – RHP
— Pat Dillon (@AquaSoxRadio) May 3, 2021
- Arkansas Travelers infielder Jordan Cowan expresses his excitement to be back on the field in front of fans to begin the season:
“It’s going to be so much fun.”
— Dorian Craft (@doriancraft) May 3, 2021
- In a very cool partnership with the City of Seattle and Seattle Sounders FC, the Seattle Mariners will begin to offer COVID-19 vaccinations for eligible fans attending games at T-Mobile Park. Similar to the process that the Sounders have already implemented, vaccines will be offered on a walk-up basis (no appointment necessary!) at different locations throughout the ballpark. Both the Johnson & Johnson and Moderna vaccines will be available.
- The Everett AquaSox settle into the number two spot on MLB.com’s 2021 MiLB team power rankings.
Around The League…
The lights went out in the middle of the 9th inning at the Mets-Cardinals game @BRWalkoff
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) May 4, 2021
- Los Angeles Dodgers RHP Dustin May will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery to repair his ulnar collateral ligament. He will likely be out until at least the second half of the 2022 season.
- The New York Mets have fired hitting coach Chili Davis and assistant hitting coach Tom Slater, and have announced that minor league hitting coordinator Hugh Quattlebaum will take over Davis’ role, and farm director Kevin Howard will step in to Slater’s role.
- Jake Mintz at Fox Sports MLB writes about the emotional constraints of instant replay, highlighting its impact on Phillies first baseman Rhys Hoskins’ recent home-run controversy.
- Former Mariner Brandon Brennan has been claimed off waivers by the Boston Red Sox. He was DFA’d by the Mariners last week.
- Baseball America gears up for the return of minor league baseball by analyzing the MLB prospects with the best scouting tools entering the 2021 season. ($)
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have released veteran outfielder Brian Goodwin, who was with the club on a minor league deal.
- Miami Marlins rookie RHP Paul Campbell has received an 80-game suspension after testing positive for a PED.
- The Colorado Rockies have named scouting executive Bill Schmidt as the team’s interim general manager following the resignation of Jeff Bridich.