Some Draft Day links for your enjoyment.
Good morning everybody and happy Monday! The Mariners are still losing, but other things are happening in the world. For example, today is Draft Day! Let’s get to all of that and more.
In Mariners news…
- If you were wondering why the M’s didn’t get a better prospect in the Jay Bruce deal…
From what I’ve been told, the Phillies didn’t want to give up the better prospect. They preferred to pay the money.
— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 2, 2019
- Buckle up, folks.
Jay Bruce is just the start of a Seattle fire sale. The Mariners are looking to deal almost every veteran on their roster, sources tell ESPN, and have shown a willingness to eat significant money in doing so. In the Bruce trade, Seattle guaranteed Philadelphia 87% of money owed.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) June 3, 2019
- Marco blames himself for the team’s poor performance.
More Marco “For us to go out and set the tone, I don’t care how well we hit, if we are not going to pitch it or play the field, we are not going to do what we want to do. It starts with me. “
— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) June 3, 2019
- The Mariners also re-acquired John Andreoli and sent him to Tacoma.
Around the league…
- If you haven’t already, check out Eric Longenhagen and Kiley McDaniel’s latest mock draft.
- In Jonathan Mayo’s latest mailbox, he says he’s heard the Orioles might not be taking Adley Rutschman with the first pick.
- This feels very fitting for some reason.
Source : RP Fernando Rodney is signing with the Washington Nationals. Will report to AAA Fresno.
— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) June 2, 2019
- Meanwhile, in the road to the College World Series…
— NCAA Baseball (@NCAACWS) June 2, 2019
- In San Diego, the Padres game was delayed because of…bees.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible. pic.twitter.com/qP9Kcdml3X
— San Diego Padres (@Padres) June 2, 2019