Another day of baseball and also a little bit of basketball, as a treat.
Happy Sunday, readers! I’ve got a whole fresh batch of links for you to start your morning off right. Speaking of morning links…
In Mariners news…
- Mariners lost a close one last night and Zach Mason has the recap
- Trader Jerry decided the work day wasn’t over when the game ended and made two roster moves before the sun went down.
- The fellas down in Arkansas are on a win streak.
TRAVS WIN! TRAVS WIN! TRAVS WIN!
3 in a row for the good guys!
3 home runs for Arkansas from Polcovich (3), Marlowe (4) and Scheiner (7). pic.twitter.com/lcfNkilPfG
— Arkansas Travelers (@ARTravs) June 5, 2022
- Ryan Divish at the Seattle Times breaks down the (sometimes frustrating) makeup of the bottom of the lineup.
Around the league…
- Keith Law at The Athletic writes about former Vanderbilt stud-turned-Mets unsigned draftee Kumar Rocker and his work toward becoming a first round pick for the second year in a row ($).
- Headline: New York Baseball Squad Upset Road Clubhouse Smells Like Home Clubhouse
Sounds like the Mets may file a complaint to MLB about the “rat urine” smell at Dodger Stadium around the work areas on the visitor’s side (we mentioned this yesterday). One problem is trying to document a smell. It’s not like they can just take a picture and send it to MLB.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) June 4, 2022
- It was Alec “F—k this place” Bohm vs. his bat last night during a post-strikeout meltdown. Bat won (Warning: bloody content).
- Dave Roberts tried to bring in a position player to pitch last night only to be told “uh uh, you can’t do that.”
Dave Roberts tried to bring in a position player to pitch down 5 runs.
You can’t do that pic.twitter.com/hLCCNK5bOy
— Starting 9 (@Starting9) June 5, 2022
- The Tampa Bay Rays got in the Pride spirit last night and wore the rainbow on their sleeves and caps. Well, some of them did…