Some Monday morning links.
Good morning friends and happy Monday! Here are some links for your off-day reading.
In Mariners news…
- J.P. Crawford was feeling pretty good during yesterday’s game, which bodes well for his chances of playing tomorrow.
When Kelenic was ejected, JP Crawford went up to Servais and said he was going into the game and that he wanted to play. The Mariners were hoping not to play him today because he’s been ill the past two days
— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 8, 2021
Around the league…
- Congratulations to Eddy Alvarez!
- The penny-pinching Rays are facing a decision on Tyler Glasnow now that the starter will be out for the next year and change due to Tommy John surgery. Marc Topkin wonders what the organization will do with the right-hander.
- Rafael Montero’s tough-luck season continues.
Rafael Montero will leave the game. The Astros had no one up in the bullpen, so this could take a while.
— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) August 8, 2021
- Omar Vizquél is being sued by a former Birmingham Barons bat boy for sexual misconduct during the 2019 season. The Athletic has the report (TW for those who choose to proceed). ($)
- Jonathan Schoop, who was a popular trade candidate this summer, will stick around in Detroit for two more years.
Heard you loud and clear.
We have agreed to a two-year contract extension with Jonathan Schoop. pic.twitter.com/nuMKzLvU7U
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 7, 2021
- Trea Turner says that he and the Nationals never had serious talks regarding a contract extension before he was dealt to the Dodgers.
- Cleveland manager Terry Francona is reportedly recovering after a successful hip replacement surgery.
Leave a Reply