In Mariners news…
- Did someone say five-game win streak?
so about that 11th inning… pic.twitter.com/zgPp6MN28E
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) September 5, 2021
Around the league…
Ben Gamel got his uniform a little dirty on this diving grab @Pirates
— The Athletic MLB (@TheAthleticMLB) September 5, 2021
- Salvador Perez continues to close in on the Royals’ single-season home run record of 48 as he hits his 41st in the team’s 6-0 win over the White Sox.
Salvador Perez’s 41st HR of the year is off a 99 mph heater that he takes the other way.
Simply. Unreal. pic.twitter.com/qQqX9BhbUl
— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) September 5, 2021
- The Boston Red Sox’s COVID outbreak has made its way to the starting rotation as yesterday’s scheduled starter, Nick Pivetta, joins the 10 other players already on the team’s COVID IL.
- In one of the Brewers’ most exciting wins of the year, former Mariner Daniel Vogelbach hit a massive walk-off grand slam yesterday afternoon to propel the Brewers to a 6-5 win over the Cardinals.
- Clayton Kershaw is set to begin his rehab assignment on Tuesday with Triple-A Oklahoma City. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts will have him pitch three innings in Oklahoma City in his first start since July 3rd.
- Dominant Yankees reliever Jonathan Loaisiga has been placed on the 10-day IL with a strained rotator cuff. The team will certainly feel his absence as he’s proved to be their most reliable late-inning pitcher.
- Quite the scene at Brazil vs Argentina’s World Cup qualifying match that was later postponed due to multiple players being accused of breaking team COVID protocols.
Surreal: Brazil v Argentina stopped inside 7 mins by Brazilian Federal Police walking on field to detain 4 Argentinian Premier League players who failed to disclose they are based in Britain, breaking COVID protocols upon entering Brazil. Chaos ensued pic.twitter.com/ANG5L61SaK
— roger bennett (@rogbennett) September 5, 2021